I wanted to share one of my favourite easy dinner recipes ever "Honey garlic chicken". This recipe literally has 7 ingredients.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving: 6 people
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves (or as many to your liking)
- half an onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- Whole chicken
- half a lemon (juice)
- 1/4 tsp each of Salt and Pepper
1. Start by cutting up an onion into slices and mince the garlic. In a jar combine the soy sauce, lemon juice and honey, add onions and mince garlic. Shake up the bottle and leave aside.
2. Cut up the whole chicken into pieces and placed chicken into large bowl. Season the chilcken with salt an pepper.
3. Heat up pot to medium high heat. Put enough oil to cover whole bottom of pan. Once pan is hot place chicken in and cook until the chicken is browned add the sauce mixture you made earlier covering the chicken. Turn the heat down to low medium and let simmer for 15 minutes.Once chicken is cooked serve with rice.
P.S. If you like you can garnish with scallions or sesame seeds (I don't put sesame seeds because my little girl is allergic)
If you like this recipe and want to see more easy busy mom recipes and more I have some more coming soon.