Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 15-17 minutes Yields: 24 cookies
Because of my little girl's severe peanut and sesame allergies. I've taken a lot of the baked goods snacks into my own hands. And if you can't tell, we are big cinnamon lovers. Check out my previous post all about Ooey gooey cinnamon buns. But back to this yummy recipe, snickerdoodle cookies has to be one of my whole family's favourite.
- 1 and 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar (if you want chewy cookie) --> if not you can add regular sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon (I use vietnamese cinnamon) ,-- the link I provided you can grab one on amazon or you can find it at asian supermarkets
1. Preheat oven to 360 Faranheit
2. Mix butter, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
4. Blend dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Let the dough chill for at least 20 minutes.
5. While the dough is chilling mix the sugar mixture and set aside in a bowl.
6. Once the dough is chilled thoroughly, scoop 1 inch globs of the dough and roll into balls.
7. Coat each ball gently in the sugar mixture and place on chilled cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Remove immediately from cookie sheet or cookie will harden.
If you re-create this recipe please share or comment below tagging mamaindulgencescookies. I'd love to see how it went.