12 Days of BLOGMAS (Day 2)
We are now on day #2 of BLOGMAS..... we are sharing some yummy Christmas morning breakfast ideas. Below are some easy yummy recipes you can whip up in no time.
Ham Cups: - 8 slices sugar-cured deli ham
- 4 tablespoons 1 ounce shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper Hash Browns: - 1 pound Idaho potatoes
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced - 1/2 teaspoon salt - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Ham and Egg Cups: 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside. 2. Position 1 slice of ham in each of the muffin cups, doubling each slice over to insure that there are no holes in the bottom of the ham "cups." Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of the cheese and about 1/2 tablespoon scallions in the bottom of each cup. 3. Place one raw egg in each ham cup. Sprinkle each egg lightly with pepper. Bake about 15 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove the egg cups using the ham to lift onto serving plates.
Hash Browns: 1. Peel potatoes. Grate them using the coarse side of the grater and squeeze out water. Place grated potatoes in a small bowl and toss with scallions, salt and pepper. 2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Place potato mixture in pan and flatten to cover bottom with a spatula. Cook for 7 minutes or until deep, golden brown. 3. Place a dinner plate over skillet and flip them both over, so browned side of hash browns is facing up. Place remaining oil in skillet and reduce heat to medium. Carefully slide hash browns back into skillet and cook for an additional 6 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Remove from pan and cut into wedges.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- divided1 11 ounce tube thin-crust pizza dough
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons prepared refrigerated pesto
- divided Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees . Brush a 10- by 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with 1 tsp. olive oil. Press dough into pan; pre-bake crust 5 minutes. 2.In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and 1 Tbs. pesto; season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; softly scramble, removing pan from heat when eggs are still a bit undercooked. 3.Spread remaining 4 Tbs. pesto over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with eggs, then mozzarella and tomato slices. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden, about 10 minutes. Scatter basil over top.
- 1 quart 2% Greek yogurt - 1/2 cup honey - 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla - 6 cups mixed berries, halved if large - 3 cups low-fat granola DIRECTIONS: 1.In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, honey, and vanilla. 2.Spread half the berries over bottom of a large glass bowl. Sprinkle half the granola over berries. Starting at the sides, spoon half the yogurt over granola. Repeat, reserving 3/4 cup of the berries for the top of the trifle. Serve immediately.
Filling and Bread: - 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature - 1 teaspoon sugar - 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon - 1 loaf challah or other egg bread (about 1-1/4 pounds), unsliced - 12 slices crisp-cooked turkey bacon Egg Mixture: - 4 eggs - 1 cup milk - 1 teaspoon vanilla - 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon - 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg - Pinch ground allspice - 1 tablespoon butter DIRECTIONS: Filling and Bread: 1.Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Stir together cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Slice ends off loaf of bread. Cut loaf into six 1-1/2- to 2-inch thick slices. Lay slices of bread, flat side down, on work surface. Slice pocket into side of each slice, without tearing through other sides, bottom or top of bread. 2.Spread scant 2 tablespoons of softened cream cheese mixture into each bread pocket. Gently fill each pocket with 2 slices bacon (or crumble and divide evenly). Egg Mixture: 1.Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in a large bowl. Dip stuffed slices into egg mixture, until both sides are moistened; do not let the bread slices soak. 2. Melt butter in large skillet or on griddle. Add bread slices; cook over medium to medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned. Keep slices warm on sheet pan in 200 degree F oven, until all slices are done. Serve with confectioners sugar and maple syrup, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
INGREDIENTS Waffles: - 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour - 1/3 cup sugar - 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice - 1 teaspoon baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon salt - 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk - 1 cup canned pumpkin - 1 large egg - 1 tablespoon canola oil - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - 2 egg whites Cranberry Honey: - 3/4 cup honey - 1/4 cup cranberry juice - 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries, divided DIRECTIONS: Waffles: 1.Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Place a large baking sheet in the oven. 2.Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; stir to mix well and set aside. 3.Combine the buttermilk, pumpkin, egg, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Add the buttermilk mixture and 1/3 cup water to the flour mixture; stir until a moist batter forms. 4.Beat egg whites in a medium-size bowl with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whites into batter. 5.Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat. Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter for each 4-inch waffle onto the hot waffle iron, spreading the batter to the edges. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the steaming stops. Transfer waffles to baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat procedure to make 16 waffles. Serve with Cranberry Honey.
Cranberry Honey: 1.Bring the honey and cranberry juice to a boil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add 3/4 cup of the cranberries and cook 5 minutes or until cranberries pop. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cranberries. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes about 1 cup.
We hope your enjoying blogmas so far