RECIPE: Fluffy Pancakes
Pancakes are one of my family's favourite breakfast meal ever. Now this may change because we just ordered a waffle maker the other day off of amazon. So we shall see LOL.
I have tried so many different pancakes, looking for that one yummy fluffy mix and you guys I finally found it.... can we cue the hallelujah theme song. Now that I have tried this recipe a million times over I'm finally ready to share the most delicious recipe.
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 Large Egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted (for cooking)
1. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, sugar, milk, vanilla, and melted butter together.
Side Note: the key to fluffy pancakes is to whip the 2 eggs first.
3. Pour the wet ingredient slowly into the dry ingredients until the mixture is combined.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat and coat it with oil. Use a 1/4 measuring cup or an ice cream scoop and put the batter into the pan.
5. Cook until the first side has formed bubbles. Flip and repeat on the other side. Adjust heat accordingly.
SOME IMPORTANT TIPS
- DO NOT OVERMIX
Although its tempting when you are mixing the wet to dry ingredients to see all the lumps and want to make a smooth batter. DO NOT... Stop once its all combined. Those lumps will create that airy fluffiness to the pancake.
- LET THE BATTER REST
If you let the batter rest for at least 20 minutes it will give time for the batter's starch to expand which in turn makes fluffy pancakes
- STALE INGREDIENTS
Now this one is a big one. If your using stale flour or baking powder it will not yield you the fluffy pancake you want. You want fresh ingredients to yield the best results. If you want to test it your baking powder is still viable, place a tablespoon of baking water into a cup of water and if the mixture fizzes your in business. But if nothing happens, I'd get a new bottle of baking powder.
- WHIP YOUR EGGS
As stated above, if you whip your eggs before mixing it with the other wet ingredients you will get fluffy pancakes.
Yup I know it's so healthy, but dang it tastes so good. I use butter to cook my pancakes, this makes it taste so much better. But if your watching your health, you can totally sub it in with vegetable oil
I hope you try this recipe out and let me know how it turns out. I'd love to hear all about your yummy adventures. Thank you so much for reading along.