RECIPE: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Sharing my absolute most favourite cookie recipe. I remember the first time making it in elementary Home Economics class and I was hooked. I don't make this often as my oldest is allergic to peanuts so this is kind of a guilty pleasure. (P.S. I sterilize the kitchen right afterward... just for anyone whose wondering)
I'll share two easy recipes below. And I'll also have the longer recipe in our Resource library that you can print out.
3 INGREDIENT RECIPE:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
Preheat oven to 375
Pour the three ingredients together in a bowl
Combine the ingredients until the mixture is soft
Using an ice cream scoop. Scoop out the dough and place on a greased baking pan
Using a fork place crisscross marks on top of each cookie dough
Bake for 8 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool and enjoy.
The three-ingredient recipe is pretty good. But I usually stick to the classic recipe. Sharing below my favourite.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper
2. Blend together all the ingredients until combined, and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Use an ice cream scoop and pick up the cookie dough and form it into 1.5-inch balls
4. Place cookie dough balls onto a baking pan and place the dough 2 inches apart.
5. To make the peanut butter cookie design. Press down the top of each cookie with a fork. (Tip: if you dip the fork into cold water it'll keep the fork from sticking to the dough. Form a criss-cross pattern on top
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden or when the dough spreads 3 inches wide. Let cool and enjoy!
Let us know in the comments below what's your favourite cookie dough recipe. And as always we'll also have the free PDF recipe card print out in our resource library.