REVIEW: Lollipop Baby Camera
Although my kiddos are no longer babies, we still use a baby monitor. We moved to a new house a while back, and it's a lot bigger than our old townhouse. This house has 5 floors, so to say it kinda freaks me out not knowing what the kids are doing is an understatement LOL.
And it's not that I don't trust these two monkeys. It's that this little guy of mine gets into everything. He is in the midst of toddlerhood and tries to get into as much mischief as possible.
I mean literally the other day he decided that it would be fun to pour water onto the bathroom floor to make a swimming pool, All I hear is water streaming onto the floor. I run up many flights of stairs LOL to find water everywhere. So when Lollipop baby cam approached me to test out their camera I was sold.
These Lollipop baby cam's come in an array of beautiful colours, silicone like material, a flexible stem (that you can wrap the camera anywhere). Since the stem is flexible, you can attach directly to your child's crib, wall mounted for older kids or simply move the camera from room to room where ever your children are.
This camera also recognizes changes in noise. For example it can sense the different between normal baby sleeping noises to the wind blowing or if your child is wrestling in their sleep and starts to get fussy or wake up.
The camera also broadcasts live feeds you can access via the lollipop app. You can also share the live feed with anyone who has access to a tablet or smartphone and it can also be shared through social media, but only with your explicit permission.
The camera comes with the 3 white pieces that you can thread the cables through so its hidden and the kiddos won't be tempted to grab them. It also comes with a usb port to transfer files off the baby camera onto your computer as well. So this baby camera is pretty high tech.
Some cool features of the Lollipop camera
- saves 30 second videos of the event so you can see what happened or if anything unusual
- Keep a daily record of your baby’s information so you can understand what’s going on in their world. Does your little one get upset at the same time each day? Or does something specific make them upset? The longer you use the Lollipop, the more you’ll learn.
- The wall sensor also gathers information on a daily basis. Combined with the Lollipop, you’ll have a comprehensive view of baby’s world, and any disturbances immediately when the occur.
- Play classical music or white noise to help calm your baby with the touch of a button without having to enter the room. Control the duration, volume and playlist all from the Lollipop app.
- Set a border inside the screen of the live video to track movements in your baby’s crib. An alarm will notify you if anything appears.
- The Lollipop system also offers a wall-mounted plug-in that provides detailed environmental data about your child’s room. You can check the temperature, humidity and air quality, while the system keeps a historical log of changes and trends. If anything changes in baby’s world, you’ll be the first to know.
The major selling point of this baby camera would have to be its ability to attach to anything and can be moved anywhere your kids are. And it's also a bonus that the model is sleep and isn't really noticable unless you are looking for it.
Thank you so much for checking out our REVIEW. What are some of your favourite baby gadgets. I'd love to see what are your fave items.