RECIPE: California Strawberry & Cream Pastry Puffs
This post is in partnership with California Strawberries but all thoughts/recipes are my own.
Having three kids alone creating yummy easy meals is always my first option. I found a super easy decadent dessert recipe using strawberries I had to share this amazing California Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry recipe. Using a few ingredients this one comes together in under 30 minutes, which is a total mom win.
Maybe it is just me but when it's strawberry season it makes me so happy since that usually signifies that summer is near? In this recipe, we will be featuring the delicious California strawberries that are readily available now at your local grocer's.
I’ve always loved strawberries, we use it in our smoothies, salads, and of course delicious dessert recipes. Did you know California strawberries are a great source of vitamin C (the same amount as an orange? Yup, I didn’t know that either) and a serving of 8 California strawberries is only 50 calories. And a source of fiber.
And now on to the good stuff… the delicious California Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry
Yields: 24 Puff Pastries Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- A pack of puff pastry
- About 2 pounds of fresh California strawberries
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of sugar
- Ready made whip cream
- Icing sugar
1. Preheat the saucepan over to 375 and prepare the puff pastry. Cut the defrosted puff pastry into strips. About 6 inches in height and 3 inches in width. Place the puff pastries on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Brush the tops of each puff pastry with egg wash.
2. While the puff pastry is baking. Preheat a sauce pan to medium heat, cut up about all of the strawberries. Put about 2 cups of the sliced strawberries and ½ cup of sugar into the saucepan. Set the rest of the sliced California strawberries aside to use for later. Cook the strawberries till they are all soft. Pour the cooked strawberries into a bowl and let cool in the fridge.
3. Once the puff pastries are cooked. Let the pastries cool down for about 10 minutes so that the whipped cream won’t melt on the pastries.
4. Once the puff pastries have cooled. Using a serrated knife, cut the puff pastries in half. Fill both the top and bottom of the pastries with whip cream, some cooled macerated California strawberries, fresh sliced California strawberries, and place the other pastry half on top.
5. Sprinkle icing sugar on top and enjoy.
This is seriously the easiest and decadent dessert ever. I hope you give this one a try and trust me everyone will think you spent the day baking but really it was done in under 30 minutes.
What are some of your favourite ways to use strawberries?