RECIPE: Chicken Pot Pie Soup
The winter months always always have us craving soups and stews to keep us warm and cozy. Sharing with you all one of my favourite recipes ever Chicken Pot Pie soup because if your a chicken pot pie lover you'll definitely enjoy this one.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large dutch oven or pot over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the pot and cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side; set aside.
2. Now to make the roux, whisk in flour and cook till golden brown. Reduce heat to medium and stir in 4 tbsp of butter. Add onions and carrots (add any other veggies you like) stirring and cook until the veggies are tender.
3. Stir in garlic and poultry seasoning. Stir in wine, chicken stock and bay leaf. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in heavy cream and chicken. Let the chicken merry with the stock and let the mixture thicken.
5. Toast brioche bread and you can either put them aside for everyone to grab or cut them up into pieces and place on top of the finished plated soup with shredded cheese.
I’ve connected with some amazing Bloggers to share some blogs featuring heartwarming food recipes! Soups, broths, casseroles & more! Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing! Cheyenne 30 minute instant pot copy cat Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup https://babybumpsandmombuns.com/2021/01/11/30-minute-instant-pot-copy-cat-olive-garden-chicken-gnocchi-soup/ Amy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili http://amymcbish.com/2021/01/11/slowcookerwhitechickenchili/ Michelle Mexican Lentil Soup Sonoran Style https://conlimonplease.com/2021/01/11/mexicanlentilsoup Krystalyn Filipino Beef Stew — Sinigang na Baka https://krystalynlaura.com/2021/01/12/how-to-make-sinigang-na-baka-beef-sinigang/ Grace Super easy Mexican Picadillo Recipe http://graceemccoy.com/2021/01/12/how-to-make-picadillo-the-easy-way/ Laila
Green Bean Casserole
Quick and Easy Chicken Fajita Soup Instant Pot Recipe - Perfect for the Busy Mom
What are some of your favourite soups, stews and casseroles in the cold winter months. Comment below I'd love to hear your suggestions.