We had the amazing opportunity to check out the Vancouver Zoo during their Easter Egg Event. We got to the zoo early before the Easter egg hunt and decided to go on a walk and look around. The kids were so excited to go on the walking adventure. They had a list on their minds of what animals they wanted to see.
It was such a fun experience for us because the kids have never been to the zoo before. They had so much fun, finding the animals and figuring out each animals names. My little girl knew most of their names searched for her favourite the zebra. I don't know who was more excited me or the kids LOL. I was so hoping to see the giraffes, but nope they didn't come out.
There are some amazing programs they have at the zoo, such as this special one called "BEHIND THE SCENCES"
This behind the zoo tour is awesome. You will be brought behind the scenes of some pretty amazing animal enclosures. Your choice includes: hippo, lion, tiger, baboon, black bear, red panda, Giraffe, and a variety of reptiles.
INFO about BEHIND the ZOO
* admission to the Greater Vancouver Zoo for two people * 45-minute behind the scenes experience with one of the eligible animals * an opportunity to learn more about the animal you've chosen and meet their zookeeper * an opportunity to prepare an enrichment for the animal (if applicable) * a USB souvenir with photos of your experience * The cost for one-two people is $175 including the Goods and Services Tax. A portion of this cost will benefit the chosen animal.
The zoo is definitely a fun time for the family. If the kiddos are tired of walking around they have these cool 4 seater bicycle that you can rent out for your duration of your time at the zoo. We decided not to because the kids were super excited just to run around the place. And a great thing about this zoo, you really cannot get lost, it has signs all over, there are zoo attendants everywhere and the paths are interconnect straight back to the entrance of the zoo.
Some INFO about the zoo, the rates, etc
Student (18+ with ID)$23.50
Children 2 and under Free
Family (2 adults, 3 children) $82.50
OR if you want to get a MEMBERSHIP instead, it'll be a good deal if you plan on going often.
The MEMBERSHIP Includes:
* Free parking pass for the year
* Free admission to the British Columbia Wildlife park
* Free admission to the Edmonton zoo
* 20% off daily admission to Vancouver Aquarium
* 20% off daily admission to Science World at Telus World of Science
* 10% off of all Greater Vancouver Zoo Gift Shop regular priced merchandise
* 10% off at the Greater Vancouver Zoo Food Concession
* $3.00 off admission for your guests when accompanied by you
Student (18+ with ID)$61.50
Children 2 and Under Free
Family (2 Adults, 3 Children) $215.00*
***Additional Children or Seniors added to family membership$28.00/child or senior
***Additional Adult/student added to family membership $37.00/adult
***Maximum 4 additional add-ons apply only to "family membership" passes
All prices effective April 1, 2017 and include the 5% Goods and Services Tax. Yearly memberships include a conservation fee of $2.50 per person.
Aside from the BEHIND the Zoo tour, there are so many other great programs to participate in such as the INTERPRETIVE TALKS (such as Reptile Presentation, Porcupine playtime, fabulous felines, Radical raptor, happy hippos, Giraffe browse, and flamingo bed time. Another great program is the NIGHT in the WILD, it literally means what it says a fun sleepover at the zoo. Go check out their Vancouver Zoo site for more info. And of course, cannot forget having an option to have a birthday party at the zoo. I mean what kid doesn't want a fun birthday party at the zoo.
We had so much fun at the Zoo and definitely plan on coming back here throughout the summer. What are some fun summer activities you plan on doing as a family::::: I 'd love to get some more fun ideas for the upcoming summer.